We find that it is always best not to have things in the house that may serve as a temptation when undergoing a nutritional regimen shift. That’s easy enough, but how do we recognize exactly what is NOT good for us
Monosodium glutamate has been described as an excitotoxin. This flavor enhancer is linked to a host of health issues, including fibromyalgia (1), obesity (2), fatty liver (3), high insulin and blood sugar (3), high cholesterol (3), liver toxicity (3), metabolic syndrome (4), high blood pressure, disturbance to the gut-brain connection (5), neurological and brain damage (6). The danger lies in that MSG is almost impossible to avoid. MSG is also suggested to be responsible for allergies, asthma, stomach distress, headaches, and heart irregularities.
If you plan on reading labels to make sure you’re not ingesting any of these chemicals, beware. It’s not as easy as looking for MSG, because food producers are camouflaging the ingredients as the following:
Sneaky Names for MSG
Natural beef flavor
Natural chicken flavor
Textured Vegetable Protein
Glutamic Acid (E 620)2
Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium Glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium Glutamate (E 622)
Calcium Glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium Glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium Glutamate (E 625)
Soy Protein Concentrate
Soy Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Isolate
And there’s more:
That’s an incredibly long list, isn’t it? Do you see how difficult it could be to keep your diet clean and free from unnecessary toxins? There is a suggested correlation between MSG ingestion, magnesium deficiency and “Sudden Cardiac Death.” That’s right – sudden cardiac death. There are figures in the high 400,000s of people who randomly keel over and die from heart attacks EVERY YEAR as listed by the CDC. There is a strong possibility that this is related to exicitoxins. It’s a deep subject with a lot of data, and for further study of this, I recommend the book, “Excitotoxins, the taste that kills” by Russell Blaylock, MD.
How to avoid this?
Only eat wholefoods. Keep your pantry simple, and even start growing your own food, even if it’s just some root veggies in the summer time. Start the habit and then see how easy it is once you begin, and see how much you can possibly start growing and eating over time. Remember to use organic seeds only, and given the space that you have available, expand when you can. In the meantime, simply get out of the habit of buying processed foods. Eating out is always a gamble, unless you are going to GMO free, farm to table, organic restaurants, but unfortunately there are not that many of them around
Aspartame has been described as a neurotoxin. It’s not sounding good, is it?
If this is news to you, it’s seriously time to start getting on board with the reality of truth vs. advertising. This is something that you should NEVER consume and NEVER feed to your kids. We’ll get to baby food soon enough, but in the meantime, here is a list of reasons:
Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself. This may explain why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients (so that it tastes sweet). Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet. This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you may not lose weight using it.
By the way, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world). Why? Because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jell-O. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers migraine headaches This even happened to me! The Usenetis filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
- The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway. That's your government caring for your health.
- Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
- Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine (DKP) which is proven to cause brain tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discountedthe tumors.
Sourced from http://www.lovethetruth.com
I don’t think there’s needs to be much more said about this. Basically, if you have something that contains aspartame THROW IT OUT! Apparently it’s not fit for consumption.
High Fructose Corn Syrup
This is another ingredient whose name manufacturers have seen fit to change. HFCS is now also known as Corn Sugar. Sounds healthy enough, right?
The Huffington Post had a well written article on HFCS that might make you question exactly HOW healthy it is. The part I found most intriguing was where it mentioned that HFCS is likely to be contaminated by mercury (“not regulated or measured” by the FDA).
The Corn Refiners Association targeted Doctors to ensure the safety and healthiness of HFCS. Sounds great. Except for one minor problem. When used even in moderation, it is a major cause of heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia, liver failure, tooth decay and more.
Oh, that doesn’t sound quite as good.
You may have noticed that this list of maladies does NOT include diabetes type II, which seems to have increased dramatically with the introduction of HFCS to the food market. One of the issues with sweets is that they are addictive and can cause an imbalance in the gut flora (candida albicans) and lead to the craving for more sugar/HFCS. Cancer thrives on the anaerobic sugar fermentation process, btw. Studies indicate that sugar not only affects your body, it also affects your brain. I highly recommend taking some time out of your week and watching this:
It makes sense to me and Dr. Lustig has some interesting thoughts on change. He emphasizes (as do we) that relying on the agencies responsible for food safety will not keep you in the best of health. You’ll be hearing more about that as we move forward.
Are people really still drinking sodas? Yes. They are. They really shouldn’t be, but they are. And in no short measure. The average American in the year 2000 drank one can of soda per day, for each man, woman and child. Figures have reduced since then, but soda companies began marketing towards teens and did so successfully. After the personalized can, where Coke put the most popular 250 names on their cans, sales boosted by 1% within three months. That’s not negligible. Take a look at this movie, “The Secrets of Sugar – the fifth estate” and see what you think