Condiments can help simplify food preparation, enhance nutritional absorption, make our food taste exceptionally delicious and promote better health.
Braggs Amino Acids
USES: Great on Salads & in dressings, Eggs, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Farro, Amaranth, Lentils, Quinoa, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.
Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce and contain the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:
- Aspartic Acid
- Glutamic Acid
- Food: Great on salad & in dressings, kale salad, stir frys, veggies, lentils or drink it
- Topical: ACV is a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria
Start your day with a shot of Bragg’s ACV on an empty stomach to energize the body, stimulate digestion AND to create an alkaline digestive environment. Try 8 oz of water with 2 tablespoons Bragg’s ACV, 3 drops of liquid Stevia Or 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Follow with 1 glass of filtered water and then wait 15 minutes before having breakfast, coffee, tea or juicing. This is an effective way to wake up the body.
It can also be used topically on the skin to treat acne. Put it onto a cotton ball and dab all over face as you might a toner. Leave it on for as long as you can stand the smell. This can really help with breakouts!
Himalayan Rock Salt
Salt is essential for life, yet almost all commercial table and cooking salts have been “chemically cleaned” and reduced to sodium chloride — an unnatural chemical that lads to high blood pressure, water retention, weight gain and various symptoms from dehydration to pain to fatigue. In order to help our bodies to function properly, we need salt that is complete with natural elements. The purest salt available on earth that’s uncontaminated with any toxins or pollutants is Himalayan Rock Salt!
This salt from the Himalayas is known as “white gold.” Together with pure spring water, Himalayan Crystal Salt offers all 84 elements exactly identical to the elements in your body, and is vital for:
- Regulating the water content throughout your body.
- Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
- Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
- Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
- Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
- Supporting respiratory health.
- Promoting sinus health.
- Prevention of muscle cramps.
- Promoting bone strength.
- Regulating your sleep — it naturally promotes sleep.
- Supporting your libido.
- Promoting vascular health.
- In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure.
This is a great source to get it from as you are guaranteed to get the real mineral salt Not the dyed “pink” salt from Pakistan. http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com/
USES: dressings, marinades, sauces, sweetening juices, with a rub for meats, in morning coffee or tea, for pickling foods, for baking, glazes, to sweeten granola or quinoa or oatmeal, on fish, chicken, roasted veggies, and even for cocktail hour!
Topically and internally, can be used to treat acne and rosacea. Best consumed but can be applied directly to the skin. Maple syrup is the gift from Trees. I love trees! And the health benefits of maple syrup are phenolics, which are the same antioxidants in berries, often touted for their healthy antioxidant content.
Maple syrup contains minerals: zinc, manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium. Opt for grade B which is darker than grade A. The darker the syrup, the more nutritional value it contains.
USES: on salads & in dressings.
Cooking with olive oil: Most olive oils are mass-produced and cheap, so these are better used cold and not for frying on medium to high heat. If you use a very high quality, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil it is more expensive and can be safely cooked with at high heats. This has to do with the “Smoke Point.” Olive oil has a lower smoke point—the point at which oil literally begins to smoke. Olive oil’s is between 365° and 420°F. When you heat olive oil to its smoke point, the beneficial compounds in oil start to degrade, and potentially health-harming compounds form. If cooking at high heat, use coconut oil, avocado oil, pasture butter or ghee instead!
Cold pressed virgin is filled with MUFAS (monounsaturated fats) which help which can help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and raise “good” HDL cholesterol levels. MUFA’s are also part of the Belly Fat Diet, which helps burn fat off the waistline.
USES: stir fry, fry meats, eggs, fish, add to steamed veggies, quinoa, rice, baked goods like carrot cake, banana bread, raw chocolate mousse, chocolate truffles
Topically, coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer and a natural sun block. This is actually what we use as sunscreen! (We avoid the peak UV ray hours @10 am – 3 pm, depending on where in the world we are.) Coconut oil protects and hydrates the skin and hair.
Medicinally coconut oil can treat and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Best to consume 2 tablespoons/day in this case.
USES: on salads & in dressings, marinades, sauces, meat tenderizer, drizzle over mozzarella/tomato/basil/avocado Balsamic Vinegar :
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which can make it an effective remedy for treating infections and wounds
- Contains powerful antioxidant called polyphenols, which fight cell damage and boost our immune system
- The antioxidant in balsamic have also the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions
- Can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism
- Balsamic can help suppress appetite and therefore an aid in controlling weight
- May help control diabetes. Study suggests that by adding as little as five teaspoons of the vinegar with a meal can improve insulin sensitivity.
- Can reduce cholesterol levels
- Contains important minerals that can strengthen the bones